Saturday, September 15, 2007

Well we are one week away from being on Dore for 6 months. After noticing lots of little changes early on, and the flowery feedback from Mrs. S., her teacher after just 8 weeks on the program and a time of regression, we went a long time with no noticable changes. We were to have had her assesment 3 days ago but she got sick with strep and we had to reschedule. I was looking forward to finding out anything I could from the assesment but am happy that it is in two weeks now. More time for changes. I am at this time, suspecting she has had some positive things going on in that little cerebellum. There are more expectations at school this year and she is doing fine with it, suprisingly. This is the first year she gets grades. All of them have been very good so far. She has to study hard for those 20 spelling words but the fact that she is getting them correct is pleasantly surprising me. She has gotten a 100% and a 95%. She also does not seem as overwhelmed as I would have expected her to feel. She still has a long way to go, but I am very happy so far!

No comments: